E Stand is located outside of Turn 1.
E Stand is the most sought after.
Much of Stand E offers an excellent view of the front straight, Turn 1, Short
Chute and part of Turn 2.
There are two levels:
* STAND E is the lower level.
* PENTHOUSE E is the upper level and has a roof.
The bleachers in the The vertical lines you see in the stands are aisles.
There are two sections or boxes between aisles, about 20 seats
|E Penthouse - Looking Left
|E Penthouse - Looking Right
|Originally built in 1914, Stand E was the track's first double-decker section
in 1949. It was renovated in 1999 and again in 2016, when stadium seats
were added to the penthouse level.
My Photos and Notes
From E STAND:
INDY 500 - 2003 , 2012 , 2022 ,
INDY 500 Qualifying - 2003 ,
INDY 500 Carb Day - 2006 , 2009 , 2021 ,
From E PENTHOUSE:
MotoGP Race - 2015
IndyCar Harvest GP - 2020
Carb Day - 2021
GMR GP Qualifying - 2022
Copyright © 2020 IndySpeedway.com All Rights Reserved
* There are only 5 rows. The bottom (front) row is A and the top row is E.
* Is divided into Boxes, 1-24, with Box 1 being furthest north (butts up to B
* Has stadium-style chairs
* There is no elevator. To access, you must climb to the stop of Stand E,
then take stairs to the penthouse level.
* The bottom Row is "C" and progresses up to "R"
* Stand E features aluminum bleachers with backrests.
* It is divided into Sections 1-32. Sections 1-24 has a roof.
Sections 25-32 is open to the sky.
|E STAND is shown in orange
In these old photos above, it shows bleachers in the upper level (penthouse),
however, they were replaced by stadium-style chairs in 2016.
|Panaramic photo taken from Stand E, Section 2 (2022)
|Penthouse E taken during 2019 Indy 500 Qualifying
|View of Stand E during 2019 Indy 500