Copyright © 2023 IndySpeedway.com All Rights Reserved
03/09 - F1 champions Jenson Button and Kimi Raikkonen are racing in the
NASCAR Cup race at COTA this month. Button will also race in the Brickyard
200 and in the new Chicago street race.
Rolex 24 GTP Winner Penalized
March 8 - Meyer Shank Racing has been
penalized for manipulating tire pressures during
the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
There are set minimum inflation levels set for
safety and they falsified the tire data given to
IMSA for the No. 60 car, which was driven by
Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Tom
Blomqvist and Colin Braun. Lower pressure
would allow them to have more traction in the
Penalties are as follows:
* Loss of 200 team and driver Championship
* Loss of all team and driver IMSA Michelin
Endurance Cup points.
* Loss of race prize money.
* Team receives a $50,000 fine.
* Team and Entrant representative Mike Shank
placed on probation through June 30, 2023.
* Revocation of IMSA annual credential and
indefinite suspension of IMSA membership for
team engineer Ryan McCarthy.