INDIANAPOLIS 500 RACE SPECIFICS:
• The race is 500 miles, 200 laps on the 2.5-mile oval.
• The race becomes official after 101 laps.
• The pit road speed is 60 mph.
• The pit speed zone starts at a cone approximately 300 feet inside pit lane.
• The green flag to start the race will be shown on the third time past the flag stand.
• The pace speed on the parade laps will be approximately 110 mph.
• At the start of the race, no passing is allowed until the start/finish line.
• The restart zone is located between Turns 3 and 4. The lead car may accelerate at any time after that zone.
• Cars may pass as soon as the green flag waves.
• There will be no tow-ins or returns from the garage within 20 laps of the end of the race.
• Only two tires may cross the blend line at the exit of pit lane. Crossing the line with all four tires may result in a penalty.
Firestone manufactures 30,000 tires
a year for the IndyCar series.
In May alone, 5,000 tires will be used
during practice, qualifying and the race.